BLT Chicken Salad Wraps
There is something so incredibly satisfying about these BLT Chicken Salad Wraps. They are the perfect combination of crisp lettuce, creamy chicken salad, smooth avocado and crunchy bacon. As someone who used to eat chicken salad tortilla wraps on a daily basis, I can truthfully say that these are not only healthier, but also better tasting due to the freshness of flavour.
The chicken salad is made with shredded chicken, mayonnaise and a delicious combination of mustard, red onion, balsamic vinegar and herbs to give it a real kick of flavour. I could happily eat a bowl of this chicken salad on its own, its incredible delicious. If you aren’t a fan of chicken you could easily swap it for 2 can of tuna.
I prefer using iceberg or butter lettuce, but romaine also works well, you may just need to shave down the center rib/stem of each leaf to make it more pliable when rolling.
Rolling can be a bit tricky the first time around, but once you get the hang of it it becomes very easy. Make sure that the lettuce leaves are all overlapping and by layering more on top of each other the wrap will last longer and stay crisper once all rolled up.
To roll use the parchment paper as a guide, pushing down as you go so that everything wraps up tightly. When you are ready to eat simply cut the wrap in half through the parchment paper and dip in, peeling the paper down as you eat.
Because the chicken salad is moist in consistency, the lettuce may become slightly soggy if you make the wrap too far in advance so I would recommend making the wrap no longer then 12 hours before eating. To help prevent this try not to let the chicken salad touch the lettuce by placing the bacon and avocado against the lettuce with the chicken salad in the middle.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
BLT Chicken Salad WrapsLeave a Review »
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp grated red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 large tomato (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 avocado
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 1 head iceberg or Boston lettuce washed and cored
- To make the chicken salad, in a bowl stir together the mayonnaise, red onion, chives, garlic, mustard, salt & pepper, lemon juice and vinegar. Once well mixed taste to make sure you are happy with the flavour before stirring in the shredded chicken. Set aside.
- Lay a large piece of parchment paper (approx 12x12inches) on the counter and place about 8-9 lettuce leaves in a rectangle in the middle of the parchment paper making sure that the overlap.
- Place 2 slices of the bacon along with slices of avocado and tomatoes in the middle of the lettuce leaves. Top with have of the chicken salad mixture.
- Starting with the end closest to you, use the parchment paper to roll the lettuce up into a wrap, pressing down as tightly as possible. Fold the outside ends of the wrap in towards the middle and once the roll is completely wrapped tightly, wrap any of the remaining parchment paper around the wrap to ensure its tightly encased. Repeat with the second wrap using up the remaining ingredients. (Watch the video above for a demonstration, it should be like you are wrapping a burrito.)
- When you are ready to eat, cut the wrap through the middle and enjoy.