Garlic Mushroom & Bacon Chicken Thighs
These Whole30 and Keto Garlic Mushroom & Bacon Chicken Thighs are perfect for weeknight dinner with a cook time of under 30 minutes and only 1 pan required!
When it comes to weeknight dinners, this dish really ticks all of the boxes.
- It takes less than 30 minutes to make start to finish
- It’s a one pan meal! No need to wash excess dishes
- All you need is a handful of ingredients including mushrooms, bacon and chicken plus a few simple pantry staples
- It reheats well! You can make it a few hours in advance and then reheat before serving without sacrificing flavour or texture
- It’s sure to be a hit with the whole family, the combination of bacon, garlic mushrooms and seared chicken is a winner (winner chicken dinner) that everyone will love
The ingredients you need and easy substitutions:
During times like this, I know how helpful an easily adaptable recipe is, so I wanted to include all of the possible ingredient swaps incase you don’t have the exact ingredients listed below.
Chicken – I prefer using boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe because of their flavourful dark meat, quick cook time and the nice crust they develop when seared, but boneless skinless chicken breasts will also work well, the cook time will just need to be increased by a few minutes. Alternatively you could swap the chicken for a meaty white fish such as halibut, cod or snapper.
Bacon – If you don’t eat bacon, then it can easily be left out, just increase the amount of salt in the recipe by 1/2 teaspoon. Alternatively the bacon can be substituted for pancetta or prosciutto which has been crisped up on the stove for a few minutes
Balsamic Vinegar – You can substitute it for 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar or 1/2 cup of white wine (if not doing Whole30)
Dried Thyme – this can be substituted with dried oregano, dried rosemary or mixed herbs.
Here are a few other one pan chicken recipes that you will love:
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- Honey Mustard Chicken
- Balsamic Chicken With Figs
- Coq No Vin
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Chicken
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Garlic Mushroom & Bacon Chicken ThighsLeave a Review »
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 strips chopped into small pieces bacon
- 9 ounces (250g) mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley + more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with thyme, salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil on medium high heat in a large skillet and cook the chicken for 3 minutes per side until seared and golden in colour. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until crisp. Once the bacon is cooked transfer to a paper towel and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, sprinkle with salt and leave to cook for 2 minutes before adding in the balsamic vinegar and cooking for 5 minutes until the mushrooms have softened and the vinegar has reduced to a thick consistency.
- Stir in the butter or ghee, garlic and parsley. Cook for 2 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant and then stir in the chicken stock and bacon. Once well mixed, return the chicken thighs to the pan and leave everything to cook for 5 minutes. Garnish with additional parsley before serving.