Jalapeno “Cheese” Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
These Bacon Wrapped Shrimp are so tasty! The shrimp are cut down the middle and stuffed with a Dairy Free Jalapeno Cheese and than wrapped in bacon. These stuffed shrimp make a fantastic appetizer or can even be served as a main and are a real crowd pleaser. They are Whole30, Paleo, Keto, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
This is such a winning combination!! Juicy shrimp stuffed with a deliciously spicy cashew “cheese” and then wrapped in crispy bacon, are you drooling yet??
These shrimp are a fantastic appetizer to serve a crowd and will vanish in a matter of seconds. The shrimp can be stuffed and wrapped in bacon a day in advance and then quickly cooked before serving. I like cooking the shrimp on the stove top, but they can also be baked in the oven for 15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit or even grilled on the barbecue!
Here are a few shrimp recipes you will enjoy…
- Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Dip
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- Lemon, Shrimp & Spinach Risotto
- Citrus, Fennel, Avocado & Shrimp Salad
- Peach, Jalapeno & Shrimp Ceviche
- Shrimp, Zucchini & Asparagus Skewers
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Jalapeno "Cheese" Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 12 large shrimp
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
Creamy Jalapeno "Cheese"
- 1/4 cup cashews soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp water
- In a nutribullet container or high speed blender combine the drained cashews, jalapeno, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and 1 tbsp of water and blend. If the mixture does not become completely smooth add another 1 tbsp water until it blends into a smooth and creamy consistency. Transfer the mixture to the fridge for a minimum of 10 minutes to firm up.
- To prepare the shrimp, remove the shell leaving just the tail on. Butterfly the shrimp by starting at the end by the head and slicing 75% of the way through to the shrimps back. Continue the slice all the way down to the tail so that the shrimp can be opened like a book. Set the shrimp aside
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss to ensure they are well coated in the spices. Place the shrimp in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- To assemble the shrimp place 1/2 teaspoon of the jalapeno cheese mixture inside the shrimp and then close both sides around the filling. Wrap a slice of bacon tightly around the shrimp starting at the head and winding down to the tail. The bacon can be secured in place with a toothpick if desired. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- In a skillet on medium high heat add 1/2 tbsp olive oil and once hot work in batches cooking the shrimp for 3 minutes per side until the shrimp are pink and the bacon is crisp. Transfer the cooked shrimp to a plate and garnish with wedges of limes before serving.
- Follow the above recipe to the end of step 4. Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees for a few minutes (this will help the bacon crisp on the bottom). Place the wrapped shrimp in the air fryer and cook for 3 minutes before flipping them and cooking for an additional 4 minutes.