Coconut & Raisin Cookies
These Paleo Coconut and Raisin Cookies are soft in the middle, chewy on the edges and so so tasty! They are my absolute favourite grain free cookies and are so easy to make! They are Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
In my opinion raisin cookies get a bad rap, they are like the kid in gym class who always gets picked last when there is no one else left to choose. I will admit I never used to like them either, I mean why have raisin when you can have chocolate chip? But over time I have come to appreciate the delicious chewy texture and sweet flavour they add to any cookie.
After years of hard work and research (ie eating lots and lots of cookies) I consider myself quite the aficionado on the subject of grain free cookies and I can honestly say these are the best ones I have ever tasted. They are soft, slightly chewy and taste just as good freshly baked as they do after a few days on the counter or straight from the freezer. Even SA who is not a fan of raisins (and by not a fan I mean absolutely despises them) was caught with his hand in the cookie jar on more than one occasion. That being said, I’m sure these Paleo Coconut and Raisin Cookies would taste fantastic with chocolate chips so I may make half of the next batch with chocolate for SA and the other half with raisins for me.
Which brings me to the downside of this recipe; these cookies are incredibly fast and easy to make (under 20 minutes!), which poses a major problem for anyone, who like myself suffers from a serious sweet tooth and lack of self-control around a fresh batch of cookies.
Here are a few other cookie recipes that you might enjoy:
- Tahini & Honey Cookies
- Hazelnut Butter Cookies
- Chai Spiced Cookies
- Dried Cherry & Macadamia Cookies
- Lemon & Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Coconut & Raisin Cookies
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 2/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup raisins or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- In a mixing bowl combine the egg, butter, honey and vanilla extract and beat well until the mixture becomes light and frothy
- Add in the almond flour, baking soda and shredded coconut and stir to combine then add in raisins
- Form the dough into balls approx 1 inch in size and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Press on the dough to flatten each ball
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden
- Remove from the oven and serve. They can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week. Enjoy!