Sundried Tomato Crusted Halibut
This Whole30 Halibut is one of my absolute favourite fish recipes. Halibut (or cod) is coated in a crust of sundried tomatoes, basil, chilies and almond flour and then quickly baked in the oven. This dish is truly a show stopper and is incredibly quick to prepare! This Halibut is Whole30, Paleo, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Gluten Free, and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
Truthfully white fish is something that I really struggle to cook. My go to way to cook it is with slices of lemon, garlic and a few fresh herbs, with although simple, is quite boring.
Enter this Sun-dried Tomato Crusted Halibut, not only is it quick and easy to make (under 20 minutes!) it’s also absolutely packed with flavour.
The coating for the Whole30 Halibut is made in just minutes by tossing sun-dried tomatoes, basil, chili and garlic in a food processor and blending into a thick paste. You then add in lemon, balsamic and almond flour to give the coating a crumbly texture.
I think you are really going to love the flavours in this dish. The coating can be made up to 3 days in advance and can really be used on anything from white fish to chicken or steak.
I like using halibut for this recipe but cod, flounder, turbot or even seabass would also work well.
This fish is fantastic on its own, but if you are looking for a condiment to serve alongside, this tartar sauce works really well with it.
Here are a few more seafood recipes you will love:
- Seared Scallops with Pea & Mint Puree
- Easy Canned Tuna Cakes
- One Pan Mediterranean Cod
- Mahi Mahi with Tomato Lemon Sauce
- Tuna Poke Salad
- Seared Tuna Tacos with Mango Jalapeno Salsa
- Easy Spinach Stuffed Salmon
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Sun-dried Tomato Crusted Halibut
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1 Fresno chili pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 halibut fillets (approx 1 1/4lbs)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- tartar sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F)
- In a food processor combine the sundried tomatoes, basil, Fresno chili pepper, lemon zest and juice, vinegar and garlic and pulse until its blended into a thick paste.
- Add the almond flour and olive oil into the food processor and blend for 10 seconds until completely mixed in.
- Place the halibut in a baking dish and season the fillets with salt and pepper. Spoon the sundried tomato mixture onto the halibut and use your fingers to press the paste all over the fish so that its completely coated.
- Bake the fish for 12 minutes until the fish flakes with a fork. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley before serving. This dish is delicious with tartar sauce.