Spinach, Kale & Artichoke Dip
Back in the good old days when I would eat anything and everything, it was physically impossible for me to see Spinach & Artichoke Dip on a restaurant menu and not order it. I was even known to arrive at the Vancouver airport an extra 30 minutes before my flight, just so that I would have enough time to eat at Milestones which serves an AMAZING dip.
The point of this little ramble is to prove that when it comes to Spinach and Artichoke Dip, I’m a self proclaimed connoisseur.
I have avoided trying to make a dairy free version of the dip because I didn’t think it was possible to make a Spinach and Artichoke Dip taste good without cheese or cream.
Last week my craving was just too strong to ignore, so I set to work on mission impossible trying to create a dairy free creamy dip. It turns out that not only is this dip easier to make then I ever expected, but it also tastes absolutely delicious.
I love hiding kale in dishes for an added boost of nutrients. I used a mix of spinach and kale but feel free to use just one or the other or a combination of both.
This is definitely a dip that I am going to add to my repertoire for feeding a crowd. Unlike other spinach and artichoke dips, I find that this one is really good cold as well, so you don’t need to worry about reheating it if you leave out for a while for guests.
I am really looking forward to hearing your feedback on this dip if you give it a try, I think you are going to love it!
Here are a few other dip recipes that you might enjoy…
- Creamy Chicken, Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Hot & Creamy Crab Dip
- Creamy Jalapeno Chicken Dip
- Butternut Squash Dip
- 4-Ingredient Pea Dip
- Hot & Creamy Cauliflower Dip
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Spinach, Kale & Artichoke Dip
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 100 grams Tuscan Kale (Cavolo nero) Shredded into small pieces equaling approx 1.5 cups
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or other milk alternative)
- 200 grams fresh spinach
- 400 grams artichoke hearts diced into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (or grated parmesan cheese if SCD)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise *
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- In an oven proof skillet heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add in the garlic and onion and sauté for approximately 5 minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the shredded kale and almond milk to the skillet and let cook for about 3 minutes until the kale begins to soften and then add in the spinach and artichokes and cook for another few minutes until the spinach has completely wilted.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, smoked paprika, nutritional yeast, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes until the dip begins to bubble and turn golden on top. Serve the dip with crackers, bread or veggies.