Ginger Beef Stir Fry
This Paleo Beef and Ginger Stir Fry is a great 30 minute one-pan dish that perfect a weeknight dinner. Onions, beef and green peppers are coated in a flavour packed gingery sauce! Serve this Ginger Beef with cauliflower rice to soak up all the yummy sauce. This stir fry is Whole30, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
There is something so addicting about this Paleo Ginger Beef. The beef is so tender you hardly need to chew, it just melts in your mouth. The sauce is packed with fresh ginger, chili and garlic that’s so fragrant your entire house will be filled with the mouth-watering scent. And then there is the taste…there is so much flavour in this dish from spicy to salty to umami, your taste buds will be dancing.
Other then the amazing sauce and tender sliced beef, I love the combination of veggies in this dish. The thinly sliced green bell peppers help add substance, plus lots of vitamin C (1 cup of bell peppers contains 125% of your recommended daily intake). The thickly cut scallions add a bit of sharp flavour while the onions are incredibly tender and become coated in the sauce.
From start to finish this entire dish comes together in under 25 minutes, so this is definitely one to add to the weeknight dinner roster. I served it on its own but it would be great on cauliflower rice that could soak up all of the delicious sauce.
I recommend putting the steaks in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting, that is just enough time to slightly harden the beef, which will make it much easier to cut into thin slices. I used sirloin cuts of beef but you could also use flank or skirt steak.
Love healthy versions of takeout dishes? Here are a few others you might enjoy:
- Sweet & Sour Pork
- Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein
- Spicy Orange Chicken
- Pork Fried Rice
- Thai Basil Beef
- Moo Shu Pork
- Black Pepper Chicken
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Ginger Beef Stir Fry
- 500 grams sirloin steak or flank
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Fresno chili pepper finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari/soy sauce)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 5 scallions/green onions
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 red chili finely chopped
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp beef stock
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro/coriander
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Start by cutting the beef into thin slices, if you have extra time, put the steaks in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up, this will make it much easier to cut the slices thinner.
- In a bowl whisk together the honey, red wine vinegar, coconut aminos and chopped chili and ginger. Place the sliced beef in the bowl and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- While the meat is marinating, slice the green bell peppers into thin strips, cut the scallions into diagonal pieces approximately 0.5 to 1 inch in size and thinly slice the onion.
- Put the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok and heat on medium high heat. Once hot add in the sliced beef (save the leftover marinade) and cook for 1-2 minutes maximum until just browned, but do not overcook! Remove the beef from the wok and set aside.
- Add the chopped ginger, garlic and chili to the wok and cook until fragrant (approx. 2 minutes).
- In a bowl whisk together the almond flour and beef stock and once mixed, add into the skillet.
- Toss in the thinly cut green bell peppers, scallions and onions as well as any of the leftover beef marinade and cook for approximately 4 minutes until the peppers and onions have softened.
- Add the beef back in and cook for another minute until the beef is warmed.
- Add in the chopped cilantro and stir through.
- Transfer the stir fry to a large bowl or platter and top with a few more chopped chilies and a sprinkle of sesame seeds before serving.