Stuffed Pepper Soup
This chunky Whole30 Stuffed Pepper Soup is packed with ground beef, red peppers and cauliflower rice. It’s a hearty low carb soup that freezes well and is perfect for winter. It’s Whole30, Keto, Paleo and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
I can’t get enough of hearty satisfying soups this time of year. One comment that I receive quite often from people who follow a grain free diet is that it’s hard to find I filling soup without rice and pasta, enter this Whole30 Stuffed Pepper Soup.
I promise that when it comes to soups, this one really hits the spot. It’s hearty, packed with protein, and will satisfy even the hungriest person.
Ok so let’s break down the deliciousness of this hearty Paleo Stuffed Pepper Soup. It’s packed with peppers, onion, tomatoes, ground beef and cauliflower rice, plus lots of spices to create a really rich flavour. This is a great way to use up leftovers from the fridge. You can swap the ground beef for turkey, chicken or pork, and use any coloured pepper you prefer.
The combination of ground beef and cauliflower rice creates a really chunky consistency that I love. When ricing the cauliflower try not to over pulse it into a powder, you want the rice to be on the chunkier side so it doesn’t turn to much when added into the soup. Once adding the cauliflower rice into the soup I recommend only cooking it for 3 to 4 minutes, no longer, otherwise it will become too soft.
This Paleo Stuffed Pepper Soup stores really well in both the fridge for a few days and in the freezer for a few months. One thing that I found was that when stored in the fridge the cauliflower rice began to absorb a lot of the liquid in the soup and becomes more of a chili/stew consistency, so you may need to add ¼-½ cup broth when reheating.
Here are a few other hearty soups that you might enjoy:
- Turkey Mulligatawny Soup
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Roasted Cauliflower & Garlic Soup
- Thai Curry Noodle Soup
- Italian Wedding Soup
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 grams ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 (14oz cans) chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium head cauliflower (riced to equal approx 4 cups)
- In a large pot on medium heat at the oil and ground beef. Use a wooden spoon to break the ground beef up into a crumbly texture as it cooks.
- Once the beef is mostly cooked, add in the diced onion, garlic, thyme, oregano, salt and paprika. Stir and cook for approx 5 minutes until the onion begins to soften.
- Add in the chopped bell peppers, canned tomatoes, tomato paste and beef stock. Lower the heat to medium low and leave the soup to simmer for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes the soup should have thickened and the peppers will be soft. Add in the cauliflower rice and cook for only 3-4 minutes until the cauliflower is tender but not mushy.
- Divide the soup between bowls and garnish with parsley before serving.