Whole30 Roasted Radishes are an easy to make low carb side dish and a great alternative to roast potatoes. The radishes become tender when roasted and are seasoned with just salt, pepper and parsley. They are Keto, Paleo, Vegan and SCD.
I have recently developed a newfound love for radishes. They are amazing sliced thinly and served with dips, or quickly pickled and tossed into salads, but I can’t believe it’s taken me until recently to discover how delicious they are roasted!
After roasting, radishes lose their peppery flavour and become creamy on the inside with a crisp outer skin. Radishes have a very high water content (95% which is the same as celery), and they retain a lot of that moisture when cooked. If you aren’t a fan of the sharp flavour of raw radishes, you should still give these a try, they are slightly sweet and so juicy with a completely different flavour and texture profile then when eaten raw.
These Whole30 roasted radishes are a fantastic side dish to serve in place of roasted potatoes. Not only are they full of flavour, they are also very low in calories and carbohydrates. How low? Well 100grams of new potatoes is 75 calories and 17 grams of carbohydrates, while the same weight in radishes is just 26 calories and 3.5 grams of carbs.
I made a big batch of these radishes to have with roast chicken for dinner and then tossed the leftover into a salad the following day for lunch.
Here are a few other side dishes that you might enjoy:
- Caramelized Leek, Fennel & Onion Gratin
- Roasted Fennel with Garlic & Herbs
- Lemon Roasted Green Beans with Almonds & Shallots
- The BEST Cauliflower Mash
- Asian Brussels Sprouts
- Sheet Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash, Bacon & Red Onion
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
- 15-20 radishes
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Wash the radishes and trim the tops. If there are any larger sized ones, cut them in half so that all of the radishes are approximately the same size.
- Toss the radishes in the olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay them out evenly on a baking sheet or in a cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Once golden and crisp, remove from the oven, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and a touch more salt.