Oven Baked Hot Wings
After recently discovering how incredibly easy it is to make homemade hot sauce, there was only one dish I had in mind when deciding what to do with it.
Or more precisely, crispy oven baked hot wings smothered in the most delicious hot sauce that coats your fingers and makes your nose run. They really are as good as they sound.
There are a few tricks to making the perfect wing. Firstly, patting done the wings to remove as much moisture as possible before baking helps to make them extra crispy. Baking the wings on a wire rack ensures that the hot air circulates underneath which helps to render the fat.
After baking the wings, I recommend only tossing them in the hot sauce right before serving, otherwise they will become soggy if they are left to sit in the sauce for too long.
Although these hot wings are delicious on their own, serving them with a creamy ranch sauce for dipping…..well that just makes them next level good. The ranch dip is made with a mayonnaise base and takes just a minute or two to make.
I am so happy that football season has finally begun so that I have an excuse to make these on the regular. They make the perfect addition to any game day spread and really do taste so much more unhealthy less than they are, which is always a win in my books.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite1) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Oven Baked Hot WingsLeave a Review »
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/3 cup ghee or butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 Celsius)
- Place the chicken wings in a bowl and pat them down with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible. Toss them in the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay the chicken wings out evenly on a wire rack placed on top of a baking sheet. Bake them in the oven for 40 minutes until crispy.
- While the chicken is baking, in a pot melt the ghee on medium heat. Add in the hot sauce and whisk until bubbling and well combined.
- Once the wings are done baking, toss them in the sauce so they are well coated. Sprinkle them with chopped scallions and serve warm with the ranch dipping sauce on the side.
Easy RanchLeave a Review »
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and pulse until the herbs are broken down into small bits and everything is well mixed.
- Store in a container in the fridge for 5 days.