Oven Baked Buffalo Hot Wings
These Oven Baked Paleo Hot Wings are always a hit with a crowd. They are oven baked until crisp and then smothered in a delicious spicy sauce. They make for a great appetizer, meal or game day snack that everyone will love. These Paleo Hot Wings are also Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
After recently discovering how incredibly easy it is to make homemade hot sauce, there was only one dish I had in mind when deciding what to do with it…Hot Wings.
Or more precisely, crispy oven baked hot wings smothered in the most delicious hot sauce that coats your fingers and makes your nose run. They really are as good as they sound.
There are a few tricks to making the perfect wing. Firstly, patting done the wings to remove as much moisture as possible before baking helps to make them extra crispy. Baking the wings on a wire rack ensures that the hot air circulates underneath which helps to render the fat.
After baking the wings, I recommend only tossing them in the hot sauce right before serving, otherwise they will become soggy if they are left to sit in the sauce for too long.
They make the perfect addition to any game day spread and really do taste so much more unhealthy less than they are, which is always a win in my books.
Here are a few more game day appetizer recipes that you might enjoy:
- Jalapeno “Cheese” Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Creamy Chicken, Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Hot & Creamy Crab Dip
- Portobello Pizzas
- Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- Sticky Honey Mustard Wings
- Creamy Jalapeno Chicken Dip
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Oven Baked Hot Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup ghee or butter (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp honey or maply syrup
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 410 degrees Fahrenheit (210° Celsius)
- Place the chicken wings in a bowl and pat them down with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible. Sprinkle the salt and pepper overtop and toss with your hands to ensure the wings are all well coated.
- Lay the chicken wings out evenly on a wire rack placed on top of a baking sheet. Bake them in the oven for 25 minutes until crispy.
- While the chicken is baking, in a pot melt the ghee or butter on medium heat. Add in the minced garlic, honey and hot sauce and whisk until bubbling and well combined. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes until it begins to reduce and then remove from the heat.
- Once the wings are done baking, transfer them to a bowl and pour the sauce overtop. Toss them in the sauce so they are well coated. Serve warm