Thai Curry Noodle Soup
This broth……oohhh this broth. Every spoonful is spicy, creamy, salty and refreshing and if I could drink this with a straw I would.
Although I enjoy any kind of soup when the weather gets cold, there is something about a spicy soup that I really love. I find them to be incredibly comforting with the spicy heat warming from the inside.
This soup is very adaptable depending on your desired level of spiciness. If you are a fan of heat then I recommend using hot curry paste and adding in extra chili peppers, while anyone who is more sensitive should stick to mild curry paste.
For protein I have included shredded chicken in the recipe, but that can easily be swapped for prawns or mushrooms if you are vegan.
Don’t rush the broth. Make sure that the flavours are exactly right before adding in the chicken, herbs and zucchini noodles. The noodles should only be cooked in the broth for a few minutes before serving so that they do not become mushy and fall apart.
The leftovers will last for a few days in the fridge, so this is a great soup to make in a big batch and then take for lunch over a few days. If you are freezing this soup, I would recommend leaving out the zucchini noodles and only adding them in fresh a few minutes before serving.
Here are a few other hearty soups that you might enjoy:
- Turkey Mulligatawny Soup
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Roasted Cauliflower & Garlic Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Italian Wedding Soup
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Thai Curry Noodle SoupLeave a Review »
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced
- 2 tbsp ginger finely diced
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk (400ml)
- 1 tsp fish sauce (swap for coconut aminos/soy sauce to make vegan)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups shredded chicken (approx 2 chicken breasts) (swap for mushrooms to make vegan)
- 2 zucchini spiralized (approx 5 cups zoodles)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 red chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp thai basil
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add in the diced onion, garlic and ginger and sauté for 5 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add in the curry paste, stir and let cook for 2 minutes before stirring in the broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and shredded chicken.
- Let the broth simmer for 5 minutes before adding in the zucchini noodles, scallions and half of the sliced red chilies. Let the zucchini cook in the broth for 1 minutes before removing from the heat (don't let them overcook and become mushy).
- Divide between bowls and top with the remaining slices of red chilies and thai basil.