Greek Salad with Cauliflower Couscous
This Greek Salad with cauliflower “couscous” takes just 20 minutes to make and is a great light meal that you can enjoy over a few days. It’s Whole30, Vegan and Keto and the cauliflower really does taste just like traditional couscous once it’s tossed in the delicious dressing.
While in lockdown here in London, one of the foods I have been struggling to get my hands on is lettuce. Because of this I have been forced to experiment with some lettuce free salads and I am so happy with how this turned out. This Greek Salad with cauliflower rice that has been finely ground into “couscous” is light, fresh and so flavourful!
Cauliflower Couscous FAQs?
- What is cauliflower couscous? it is very finely ground cauliflower that has a meal like consistency similar to couscous
- How do you make it? The same way you make cauliflower rice! Blend cauliflower florets in a food processor for approximately 20 seconds, about twice as long as it should take to make cauliflower rice. Don’t worry about over blending, the finer the better.
- Why use cauliflower couscous vs rice? Because it is eaten raw, the finer texture prevents it from being crunchy and makes it much easier to digest.
- Can I make it using store bought cauliflower rice? Definitely! Just put the cauliflower rice in a food processor and blend for 10 seconds.
This salad holds up really well in the fridge so you can make it to enjoy over 3 or 4 days. You can also bulk it up to make it a heftier meal by serving it topped with chicken, grilled shrimp or fish. For those who are not on a dairy free diet, I highly recommend adding in the feta for added creaminess and a nice salty kick.
Here are a few dishes you could serve with this Couscous Greek Salad:
- Chicken Souvlaki
- Lemon & Herb Ribs
- Sun-dried Tomato Marinated Chicken
- Spicy Baked Salmon
- 12-Minute Herb & Mayo Salmon
- Lemon & Herb Grilled Chicken
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
"Couscous" Greek Salad
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup halved kalamata olive
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cubed feta (omit for Paleo/Whole30/Vegan/Dairy Free)
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber cubes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- To make the cauliflower couscous, cut the cauliflower into florets and place them in a food processor. Blend for approximately 10 seconds until the cauliflower has broken down into a fine "couscous" consistency. The pieces should be very fine and approximately 1/4 the size of a piece of cauliflower rice. Measure out 3 cups of the "couscous" and place it in a large salad bowl.
- Combine the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, olives and optional feta in the bowl with the couscous and toss until everything is well mixed.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined. Serve or refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Looks delicious, I can not wait to make this!
I made this last week. It is delicious! My husband doesn’t care for cauliflower but he had 2 helpings! I will certainly make this again!
It was so EASY to make and delicious. I’ve been keeping it in the fridge for a couple of days now and it still tastes fresh. I made the dressing in a separate container, so as not to let the veggies get soggy.
Just made this for the second time, using Trader Joe’s frozen cauliflower. The hardest part is waiting for the cauliflower to defrost so I can eat it! I grew up eating this salad, we called it Tabbouli, which used bulgur, and lemon juice instead of vinegar in the dressing. My mom always put baby shrimp in it, so I cut up some leftover shrimp and added it to this salad… yum!
Thanks for another great recipe 🙂 And for the record, it’s better the next day.
AMAZING!! 🙌🏻 I’ve made this salad twice now and it’s soooo good!
So perfect for lunch or a side. Delicious and so easy. Never thought about using cauliflower with this texture!
So delicious and easy to make! Perfect lunch or as a side. Never thought about using cauliflower with this “couscous” texture. Love this.
This is one of my favorite summer recipes. I love adding either canned tuna or italian seasoned chicken to the top of my plate for the extra protein.
Made this tonight along with Chicken Souvlaki and they were both a HIT! Simple and amazing. This is the kind of salad you will crave. So far all the recipes I’ve gotten from your website have been incredible. Thank you so much 😊
By far the best salad I have ever had! I normally don’t like changing recipes the first time I make them, but I wanted this to be a full meal instead of just a side salad, so I added spring mix, avocado, and toasted chickpeas. Wow, it was delicious! I don’t have a food processor so I just used a bag of frozen riced cauliflower and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much for this amazing recipe, I will be eating this all the time!