Sticky Asian Wings
These easy to make Sticky Honey & Ginger Chicken Wings are coated in a delicious sticky sauce made with chilies, ginger, garlic, honey and coconut aminos. These wings are Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, SCD Legal, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free.
I have always had a weakness for chicken wings. There is something about a big plate piled high with chicken wings, sticky fingers and a face covered in sauce that makes me so happy. Unfortunately most chicken wings served in restaurants are deep fried and then coated in a sugar rich sauce that although delicious, isn’t healthy.
Chicken wings aren’t nearly as big a thing here in the UK as they are in North America, so I have been on the hunt for them for quite some time. When I spotted chicken wings for the first time in the grocery store last week, you would have sworn I had won the lottery, the entire meat aisle turned to stare.
I love the sauce for these Paleo honey & ginger chicken wings, its sticky, zesty, spicy and sweet. Be warned that a wet cloth or small bowl of water is definitely required when eating these, I seemed to spend just as much time licking my fingers as I did eating the wings.
Although the sticky honey and ginger sauce is delicious, the garnishes are also worthy of a mention. I sprinkled the Paleo honey & ginger chicken wings with scallions and sesame seeds right before serving and loved the texture and fresh flavour they added to each bite, definitely don’t skip adding them!
Here are a few other game day appetizers that you might enjoy:
- Jalapeno “Cheese” Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Creamy Chicken, Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Hot & Creamy Crab Dip
- Portobello Pizzas
- Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- Honey Garlic Ribs
- Creamy Jalapeno Chicken Dip
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Sticky Honey & Ginger Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or tamari/soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Fresno chili pepper or 1/2 tbsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a high speed blender or nutribullet combine ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar and honey and blend until smooth.
- Place the wings in a bowl or ziploc bag, pour the sauce overtop and transfer to the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour (max 6 hours)
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Arrange a wire rack over top of the baking sheet.
- Lay the chicken wings out evenly on the wire rack and pour any marinade into sauce pan. Bake the chicken wings in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping them half way through to let them brown evenly.
- Bring the marinade in the sauce pan to a gentle simmer on medium high heat and leave to simmer for 5 minutes until it has begun to thicken and can easily coat the back of a spoon.
- Once the wings are done cooking remove them from the oven and generously brush them with the thickened sauce. Transfer the wings to a serving place and garnish with the sesame seeds and scallions before serving.